Wednesday, September 15, 2010

To Whom it May Concern

Open letter to people who work for a large company:
Please note there is a difference between "reply" and "reply all." What is that difference you may ask? Well, I guess I'm not surprised you don't know since you continue to press "reply all" when, based on your e-mail, it is clear you should have pressed "reply." You see, "reply" sends your response to the immediate person who sent you the e-mail. Example: I send you, and 3 other co-workers an e-mail. If your response is really just for me, you hit "reply" so your e-mail doesn't get sent to the 3 other co-workers unnecessarily. "Reply all" sends your e-mail to everyone the sender sent to. Example: I send you and 3 other co-workers an e-mail. Your response is meant for, and necessary for, all e-mail recipients. You press "reply all."

Perhaps you already knew the difference, but honestly feel like an entire company wants to know that you, indeed, are a notary and can help out Jeremy with his notary needs. Let me clarify something, we don't care. Also, quit wasting my time to check and then delete e-mails where you are actually having a conversation with one other person. Here is a hint to tell when you should press "reply" instead of "reply all" your e-mail concerns, question, or comment are truly meant for only 1 or 2 people. If you can tell me what my name is, I will allow you to include me in your useless e-mails.

Regards,
AO

1 comment:

  1. oh yeah. I worked for a company that had about 100,000 people with email access. Despite a thousand warnings to the contrary, there were always "reply all" idiots who would sent inane crap all over the country. And then there were other "reply all" idiots who would take them to task...Our email crashed more than once.

    Earthings are stupid!!!

    ReplyDelete