Sunday, August 15, 2010

My experience at the salon

I got my hair cut on Saturday. This is the review I posted on Yelp, because I am too lazy to recant my story.

Negatives:
*When I called to set up an appointment I was told haircuts were $20. When I left the salon, I was told my haircut was $37. Apparently wash and blowdry are considered styling and are an extra $17. No flat iron or curling iron were used. No hairspray was used. The only product she put in my hair was a root booster which did nothing but make my hair sticky and lifeless. And if she had asked before putting it in, I would have preferred it not be used.

*I said I wanted a trim including bangs. I had to ask at the end for my bangs to be cut. Which, along with "salon"s charging for blow drying, is a HUGE pet peeve of mine. Once, I showed a woman a picture of the hairstyle I wanted (that included bangs) and she didn't cut my bangs, she didn't even ask if I wanted them.

*Before she cut, she took the time to ask me where I parted my hair and had me do it. Then, while blow drying, she brushed all my hair back so my part was lost and my hair ended up separating in the middle, which is where my bangs ended up being cut. My bangs look like crap.

*I did not request a time when scheduling, I asked what was available in the afternoon. I was put with another woman who was getting color. My hair was partially blow dried, partially wet while I waited for my stylist to highlight someone else's hair. And then, the girl getting color had her color in past the timer and waited for the stylist to finish my $17 blow dry. I've never been double booked before. I'm sure it happens. I'm sure people who get their hair colored have waited before. But never have I been left to wait for 5-10 minutes with wet hair while someone else is serviced.

*She used a natural bristle brush. It makes my hair frizzy.

No comments:

Post a Comment